Assisted Living At Home Program
Customized Plans: Care Manager Involvement
A Care Manager gets involved as follows:
- Initiates Services: Where appropriate we contact home care agencies, interview prospective workers, meet the worker in the home and provide orientation of tasks. We arrange for services like Personal Emergency Response System pendants, enrolling in local transportation and community services when desired, setting up food delivery from local stores, etc.
- Gathers important documents needed in an emergency (e.g. Health Care Proxy and other possible advance directives, list of current medications, health insurance, contact information, of doctors and involved relatives, Durable Power of Attorney if existing).
- Makes weekly visits to monitor situation with our own eyes, bring cash for the household, make special purchases which may be needed, and spend time interacting with the senior, While in the home we help monitor that medications are being managed properly.
- Helps oversee home attendant situation. Assist if problems arise.
- Coordinates doctor appointments.
- Communicates with physicians and other health care providers.
- Orders hygiene supplies and other things needed for the household.
- Arranges for and supervises repairs and household maintenance.
- Arranges for transportation.
- Helps with health insurance claims.
- Helps apply for entitlements and benefits, including Medicaid.
- Remains available during working hours in case of emergencies.
- Communicates with family members, keeping them informed of the senior's status. (under professional standards of confidentiality to all parties.)
- Constantly reassesses the situation and recommends interventions when necessary.
- Advocates for the senior in all matters.